Monday 20 February 2012

Plain Cake

Plain Cake, it sounds a bit boring, but I'm determined to put in all the recipes in the book, no matter how uninspiring or odd sounding!

Plain Cake
Put 1/4lb butter into 1lb flour and 1lb sultanas or raisins, 1/4lb moist sugar, 1/4lb candied peel sliced finely, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 pint new milk, 1 egg.  Beat well together and pour into a greased tin and bake.  Thrust a wire into it, when it comes out clean, it is done.

I love this recipe, no do it in this order, or add a bit at a time, just fling it all in and there your cake shall be!  Oh and I'm not telling you the temperature or how long!  I don't know if I would dare to try this recipe, I'm not really a cake baker, muffins are more my thing and I'd be a bit scared it would all go wrong.  If anyone tries this one let me know how it goes! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment